Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

First Post

Hello folks. My name is Nick Pagliara, and I'm seventeen years old. I go to a Catholic high school, and I'm in the marching band. Don't believe I'm a total fool just because I'm in marching band, though. I'm of the belief I'm actually quite the thug, but you can make your assumptions for yourself. If you want, you can creep on my Facebook profile, but don't add me as a friend.

I made this blog for one reason and one reason alone: to review movies (and occasionally music). My tastes aren't fully developed yet so I might sound like a fool when reviewing movies that are considered classics. I mean I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey a few years ago, and I was bored out of my damn mind. I understand the cultural relevance of a film like that and loved all of the parts with Hal, but most of it I was just sitting there scratching my head. A few of my favorite movies are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Requiem for a Dream, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and It's a Wonderful Life.

The man that set me off to finally start reviewing films for myself is named Armond White. If you are unfamiliar with Armond White, then open up a new tab and go to Rotten Tomatoes right now and look at the reviews for Toy Story 3. There are 235 reviews counted for Toy Story and there are only three negative reviews, one of which belongs to Armond White. Now, I'm not saying this is bad thing. People have their own opinions, and maybe he legitamitely didn't like Toy Story 3. You might think that, until you read his review. Now, I'm not going to spend my time bashing this guy's review (Cracked already did it for me) becasue he isn't worth my time. In short, his reviews fuckin' retarded. A short list of some other movies he disliked are Inception, The Kids Are Alright, The Wrestler, Up, Milk, Star Trek, and The (f'in) Dark Knight. Some he liked were Transporter 3, Grown Ups, G.I. Joe, and Transformers 2.

If someone like that is allowed to write for a New York tabloid then damnit I should be allowed to write too. My dream has always been to be a film critic. Next year I'm hopefully going to be going to Northwestern University to work on fulfilling that dream, but until then I'm going to get my ideas out there somewhere. I'm not going to use Blogspot like Twitter so I'll only post a review, list, or something else like once a week. The first thing I'll probably post is a list of my ten favorite movies of the decade (00-09) so be prepared for that. Tell me what you think of my posts, but don't be a troll. If you are I'll fuckin' find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment